Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WOOT! Bilby's and The Light!

YYEEEEEAAAHHH BABY! Guess what? I have finally finished The Light! At an impressive 9 minutes 13 seconds including credits (sorry youtube, you don't get that! You'll eventually get the lower quality version... thats 100mb large and 8 minutes 50 something) it has taken me several edits, reshoots (I don't know if I've mentioned this before but one one scene, the hardest scene, one of the most important scenes that involve the most work and editing and effort to make perfect... and I screw it up... Well you see I wasn't wearing a shirt because it would be easier just to wear the same shirt, which I had multiple ones of because it's my school shirt, and so I'm walking along with my shirt on, I step onto the road with my shirt on... I get hit by a car with my jumper on and fall to the ground with my shirt on... wait... my clothes magically changed! :O! And the annoying thing about this was I filmed it like that, watched it, reviewed it, spent ages editing it and watched it several times... when I go to show the class what I had done it comes to that scene and someone goes "you've got a jumper on"... wait... what!? DAMMIT! WHY!? So that had to be refilmed...) and I have even had to record music for it about 4 times now... but it's done... it's nice and shiny and pretty much good enough...

I had to go to a cemetary in my school uniform during the holidays and take flowers from nearby trees because I forgot to bring flowers and I had to get my mother to run me over with a car but it was worth it! It's finally done!....

.... an entire semester after it was due! It was my 3rd last day of the YEAR today (when I finished it) and I've had this as my media project since.... start of Term 2... yeah so I've had 3 quarters of the school year to do this and I've finished it.... and it didn't turn out as I had originally planned but I'm happy with what I've done. It's just a school project and I think I did pretty well considering all the bad things that have happened! So yay! :D

OH! Oh! Guess what!? Free dress tomorrow! Yes, poor old us (Here in Australia) have these things called Uniforms (as mentioned above) and so we have to spend about one minute each day going "hmm... wear white shirt with blue pants... or other white shirt with blue pants...." (Upper school really messes with you... you get the option of Blue Jumper with white shirt, Blue and White striped Jumper with White Shirt and for Year 12's they have Blue with White Sleeved Jumper with White Shirt... MY WORD! Had there been more than two colours no one would be able to make up their mind and the entire population of teenagers would be 20 minutes late for school!) but tomorrow we get the choice of wearing whatever we want!.... within reason... (I cannot wear a bikini... but I can wear... MY PYJAMAS! :D OH I'M SO DOING THAT! And for those who know me... you know I will... as I have done this previously... I have danced to Green Day in the middle of the Swan river in my pyjama's and tomorrow I shall dress in my Trench Coat and Pyjamas and become Tom Baker's 4th Doctor meets Arthurt Dent :D Because British TV and Literary characters are awesome!)

But the very fact that I get to wear something very odd isn't the point... nor the real source of my excitement... for you see we need to give a gold coin donation if we want to wear clothes.... of our choice... Now all you Americans think that's abismal having to pay to be allowed to wear something that isn't white with a school emblem on it... but get over it! We don't care! And this particular charity that the school is donating to... is purely awesome...

It's going to save...

...The Bilby...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOYAH!

YES! Finally! Come on people bring your gold coin donations! (Once again, Americans have 1 dollar notes... we have 1 and 2 dollar gold coins... made of real gold... we're rich! Nah just kidding :P) It also goes to save this other native Australian animal which has a weird name I don't know how to spell... but trust me it's cute, it's adorable, it's endangered, it will hunt you down and scratch at you and lick the soles of your feet until you submit unless you donate money! So yeah... tomorrow I am going to do my part to help preserve our amasing and wonderful native Fauna because we really do have such interesting, wonderful and unique native animals that really should be round for years and years to come. They truly are wonderful I adore them all (except for drop bears... yeah Americans... fear the drop bear! It shall eat your face... at night the screams of many a victim of the drop bear still haunt me to this very day...) so let's all just try not to kill them shall we? I love them :) I want them to have babies... so there'll be more of them... just... not with me...

Anyhoo! Well also, NEW BLOG! NEW BLOG! NEW BLOG! NEW BLOG!

Think I've made what's coming up next clear? NEW BLOG!

http://ramblingsofcornflakes.blogspot.com/

Yes, It is my NEW BLOG! It currently only has two authors though... but I'm trying to get more of my friends to contribute to it... So you know if you enjoy this blog (and even if you don't!) you should go pay it a visit... it's quite small right now with only 3 posts on it but it will get bigger... and shinier... it's co-authored by me and The High Priestess of Wikipedia so trust me when she starts blogging you'll love it :) (Just like a furry animal!) It's basically a collection of random blogs so yeah... go visit it sometime and check back after a week or two when it might have a new entry to it...

Have a nice day :)

No comments: